Spartan Rookie Camp
The UNCG Spartan Rookie camp is for girls age 5-9 who are beginners and/or also have aspirations of playing softball at the collegiate level. This 2-day camp opportunity will have participants divided into competitive groups for all sessions. Each session will primarily focus on the basics for all areas of the game, including offensive, defense and position specific work. This camp will include opportunities for pitchers and catchers.
• Participants will be split into age/skill specific groups during camp
• The fundamentals of infield, outfield, pitching, catching will all be addressed during this session
• This camp will cover the specifics of throwing, glove work and footwork necessary to improve all aspects of defensive play
• The hitting portion of camp will focus on fundamentals of the swing. We will introduce multiple drills and cover strategies to improve as a hitter
• There will be ample opportunity to improve over this 2-day camp while working with the Spartans. Current UNCG coaches and players will provide individual attention to each participant to ensure all questions and drills are clearly covered and explained